Friday 4 May 2012

April Haul


It's not often I splash out on a lot of products at once. Unfortunately, last week my bank account was left feeling a little hurt! This month saw me making my first MAC and Illamasqua purchases, and branching out in terms of eye makeup.

MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush (£26): I hear so many good things about MAC brushes, but I went for the Real Techniques brushes first. This was kind of a impulse buy: Real Techniques do have a contour brush that I haven't yet tried for contouring, but as soon as I stepped up to the counter I found myself asking for the 168. I haven't used it too much yet, but so far so good.

Eylure Katy Perry 'Sweetie Pie' False Lashes(£5.95): I've never worn false eyelashes before, but these look so natural that I decided to give it a go. I haven't tried them yet - I'm a little scared!

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in 'Deauville' (sample): Another product I've heard nothing but good things about. I was matched to Siberia a couple of months ago, but the sales assistant applied it so thickly, and over the makeup I was already wearing, that I walked away and promptly tried to forget about it. Everyone kept raving on about it though, so I nipped back to the NARS counter and got a sample instead.

Illamasqua Powder Blush in 'Unrequited' (£16.50): I drool over Illamasqua's blushes all the time so it was about time I purchased one. The sales assistant put this on me and it added such a lovely warmth.

GOSH Long Lasting Brown Pen in '004 Wheat' (£6.49): Essie introduced me to this product, and after seeing how amazing her eyebrows looked using the A La Carte brow pen, I snapped this up.

GOSH Eyeliner in '003 Brown' (£6.49): I have been searching for a brown liquid liner for so long. This was in my shopping basket quicker than Usain Bolt.

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in '03' (£25): This was a total impulse buy. I never intended to buy anything from Illamasqua this month, but I nipped in for a look. The sales assistant was so nice, friendly and chatty but not pushy, so I agreed to be matched to this foundation when I asked about it. I just can't resist nice sales assistants, so I ended up walking out with a new foundation too.

MUA Eyeshadow in 'Shade 19' (£1): Nothing too special, just something to set my eyebrows.

MAC Powder Blush in 'Harmony' (£17.50): Searching for a contour product with such pale skin is a huge pain. A lot of people seemed to recommend this, so I bit the bullet - and I am impressed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...