Friday 1 June 2012

Maybelline 24Hr Colour Tattoo


You've probably all heard about these time and time again by now, but here's my contribution! These are a cream eyeshadow not totally dissimilar from MAC Paint Pots. They're quite hard at first, so finger application is definitely the way to go with these - as soon as you swirl your fingertip in the pot they melt into a light creamy consistency that is really easy to blend onto the eyelid.


I bought mine (when I actually found them) while they were on 3 for 2 at Superdrug, so I picked up On & On Bronze, Eternal Gold and Tough As Taupe. On & On Bronze instantly became probably my favourite eyeshadow I own: it's a lovely neutral shade that is so quick and easy to apply, either on its own, with a colour in the crease, or as a base. It is so pigmented, lasts all day without creasing (I have no intention on testing it for 24 hours!) and doesn't really fade much. It's definitely a must-have in my routine now.

As for the other two shades, I was less impressed. Tough As Taupe doesn't seem to warm up as much as On & On Bronze so it's kind of hard to apply, and I find the shade itself pretty difficult to wear. I was really disappointed with Eternal Gold. It looks gorgeous in the pot, but applies patchy and faded.

At £4.99 each, they are excellently priced though, and the pigmentation issues could be worked around, so they are definitely worth picking up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...